Friday, July 27, 2007

Early Morning Bunny!

I was up very early this morning (about 4:30 am), and after realizing how stuffy the house was, spent several hours trying to cool the house off (opening all the windows, getting the fans going) before the sun rose. It read 30 deg. C on our back deck by 9 am, so I'm glad I did!. After a very long summer of cool temperatures and cloud, this sudden change in the weather is very strange! As uncomfortable as it is, better relish it while it's here, I guess! At least it's more summery weather than we've been having, so I can't complain. :)

As a result of being up so early, I was able to see the coming of the dawn, the waking of the little songbirds twittering in the trees -- it was really beautiful seeing the world come alive like that.

And taking advantage of the cool before the heat, one of our little local jackrabbits was out and about, snacking on our lawn's various weeds and grasses. He's SO cute, with those tall pink ears, always twitching around, listening for potential dangers.





* * * *


And just so you get a complete picture, this is what it looked like outside:



And this was the view inside: