Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pheasants and Woodpeckers

The rain has returned to our area, so I won't be doing any more digging in the garden for the next little while (much to Casey's chagrin, she's been enjoying having the chance to run around the woods and dig up rocks while I garden). :)

I did get some shots of the Ring Necked Pheasant yesterday evening, while he was sitting resplendently on a log, calling out his "gobble gobble" and thumping his feathers. I had to take it through a window, on long zoom, so the quality is poor, but it gives you an idea of the gorgeous-ness of his featherage. He is a beautiful, beautiful man.



Earlier today, while I was out with Casey, she very excitedly ran to me to tell me there was a new kind of birdie in the trees. I looked around and saw it was a couple of woodpeckers in the trees. I think it's a Hairy Woodpecker, it seemed to be the right size. It's a terrible shot, I had to take it on super-zoom against a bright grey sky, but you can sorta make out what it looks like. :D



So, there's still been lots to see, even though it's been rainy. :)