Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shout it from the rooftops!! A new type of perogy!

I just created a new form of perogy (well, it's new to me, and I haven't heard of anyone doing this before). I added God's Perfect Food, bacon, to the regular perogy filling of potato and cheddar cheese. It is AWESOME!! I mean c'mon, why didn't I think of this before??? Sour cream, potato and cheddar cheese. What normally goes with this trio? Bacon! So I added some fried bacon (drained on paper towels and cooled) to the insides and have a WONDERFUL new addition to this year's Easter Feaster (it's really just a feast, but it rhymes this way, so what the heck).

More on the Easter food prep later, I have to go add this little tidbit of "culinary history" to my recipe on LearnPysanky.com! :D

It's REALLY yummy! :)

Re: Bacon being God's Perfect Food: I don't know if it is, but it is to me. I couldn't live in a world without pork. :) Heh heh heh

Here's my perogy recipe, which I'm off to update, in case you want to try it:
http://www.learnpysanky.com/recipes/pirohy.html