Sunday, April 20, 2008

When Spring Stink is Shared

I laugh, because it's not happening to me. Okay, I laughed a LOT, but I bet the affected people in Western Europe aren't laughing.

Farmers in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands are spreading a winter's worth of manure on their fields - Dutch farmers are forbidden from doing so during the winter, so they had to wait until now to do it. However, because of SO MANY farmers doing it all at once, there was a massive quantity of stinky smell created. And thanks to weather patterns and strong winds, poor old London, England is now reeking of cow poo.

Kinda reminds you of how interconnected countries are - the environment doesn't respect national borders. :)

And I'm still laughing.

I'm sorry! :)

Read the full story here.

No comments: