Monday, March 06, 2006

Desire - or "Gimmee!!"


Here's our two cats watching the bird feeder from inside the kitchen. They are strictly indoor cats, so this is the closest they'll ever get to the birdies outside. They spend hours there, making little squeaking noises, saying "Please gimmee!" The nice warm sunshine is another great bonus of this particular spot in the house.

Molly is the elder cat, about 9 years old, and very cranky. Baby Boy is the big ol' cat (about 2 1/2) who's right at the window. He's a big thug, but he was a wee baby at one point! :) He is the most affectionate cat I've ever had, but it wasn't always that way. We rescued him and his brother from the wild, as their mother was a feral stray. Someday I will share their story here, but we lost his brother last year, and I still find it difficult to think about their story since he's gone.

Anywho, its lots of fun to see these cats watch the birds, I enjoy watching them too! :) I've found some inspiration in seeing them in this new spot, I'll be doing several art pieces in the coming months featuring cats and birds. It'll be a lot of fun!