Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Such a lovely evening

The weather cleared up a bit from the rain and cloud this afternoon/evening, so I took Casey out for a quick walk after supper. Great weather - mild, if a little humid - still very pleasant. The birds were chirping in the trees, gathering up the last meal of the evening. I walked through several little spider webs as I was making my way through the trees (sorry little spider babies!) - newly hatched spiders are everywhere spinning their tiny webs. Fortunately we don't have any poisonous spiders here in Nova Scotia - all they do is catch bugs, which is great for keeping the pest population down. :) Casey and I had fun with a stick toss or two, and as we were returning home, I heard the frogs in the swamp down the road start their nightly chirping. I was surprised, I thought they didn't start till after nightfall, but apparently they start about 1 1/2 hours before. So there, I learned something new! :) All in all, a lovely evening among the budding green of the forest. :D