Monday, May 15, 2006

BeanDreams: I couldn't stand it anymore! I had to plant SOMETHING!!

With the good weather overload we had today, I spend a great amount of time outdoors, turning over and de-weeding the garden, and getting some plant pots filled with soil, ready for seeding. It's still a bit early here, Nova Scotians really traditionally don't do anything garden-related until Victoria Day weekend (the second last Monday in May, in honour of Queen Victoria). That's the weekend that everyone goes out and buys their transplants, etc. But everything seems to be a couple of weeks ahead of schedule (like unusually warm spring temperatures, & pretty wildflowers we don't usually see till June are already here), so after supper, I just couldn't resist the temptation to plant my nasturtiums and poppies. I'm so excited!:) Now it's jut a matter of watering and waiting!