Monday, January 23, 2006

The Beginning...

Hey all! Starting a new blog today, on Election Day in Canada, 2006. If you're Canadian and haven't voted already, get out there and do it! Whenever I feel like I don't know who to choose, or I don't feel like going, etc., I remember that there are people who have to risk their lives to vote in some countries! And that the first women in Canada to get the vote (in Manitoba) only got it in 1916!! That's less than a hundred years ago! So there's NO WAY I'm not going to get out there and do my "Democratic Duty" as the CBC described it today.

Why is my blog called "Sinister"? Well, that's a term that used to be used for Left-Handers, which I am. :) This blog will be a place for interesting stories (interesting to me, and hopefully to you as well), & any major news regarding my websites: www.annmorash.com (a website devoted to my artwork) , shop.annmorash.com (my Cafepress-powered gift shop) and www.learnpysanky.com (a website devoted to the ancient Ukrainian folk art of Easter egg decorating). If you want to learn more about me and my websites, check out my artist bio. I also have a monthly newsletter that I send out on the last Monday of the month, which gives sneak peeks of my upcoming artwork, some of my favorite recipes (I LOVE FOOD!), the latest news on sales at my Gift shop, and more! You can sign up on my main artist website.

I'm off to be stressed about the election...the CBC has a great site to keep track of the results if you're interested: http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/ I'm sure I'll have more to say on that tomorrow morning, when the results are known.