Thursday, September 25, 2008

City Changes

The house we're now renting is only a few streets away from where I grew up. And even though it hasn't been that long since I moved out to the country, the city has changed quite a bit. It is MUCH noisier. MUCH. There are way more people here, and traffic is heavy, even in the middle of the day - I imagine that's partly why it seems more noisy. :) It's going to take some getting used to!

I'm very thankful for the little bit of wilderness at the back edge of the property. The lovely autumn asters nodding in the delicate breeze at sunset. Ahhhh...a little respite from having to comfort all the animals (who are totally stressed at leaving the only home they've ever known - so sorry guys!), all the packing/unpacking, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning... I'll be very glad when we're finally all settled here, and can gear up for Hallowe'en...and Christmas! (I know, I know, it's early, but I can't help it, I'm a total Christmas Freak). :)

But for now, there's warm autumn breezes, and lovely asters at sunset...

No comments: