Monday, October 06, 2008

Cool PreSchool Idea - Kids learning to embrace the great outdoors

There's a great new-to-Canada idea for a preschool just outside of Ottawa, Ontario. The Carp Ridge Forest Pre-School is outdoors. All the time! If it gets really cold, they have tent-like shelter they can go into (also used for story times and naptimes). They get to hike around in all sorts of weather, learn about nature and wildlife, all in a safe, monitored environment - sounds fantastic! (And FYI, there's modern toilet facilities available). :)

When I was growing up, we had a small forest on our property, and I LOVED tramping around in the leaves and snow, seeing bugs and birds and all sorts of things. My parents made sure I was safely exposed to the beauty of nature, and because of that, I grew up to really appreciate nature, no matter the weather.

Read about this preschool on the CBC here. Visit the pre-school home page here.

No comments: