Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




Although technically, it's tomorrow, but we always had our dinner on the Sunday growing up. :) Gorgeous day outside, sunny but windy. Definitely getting fallish out there, it's downright freezing in the mornings!

My kitchen is filled with the wonderful scent of fresh herbs from the pork roast I'm making. Just a small dinner for me and Dave. Of course, I'm probably going to go overboard as I always do and make too much food for 2 people.

Roast pork with sea salt, pepper, fresh sage and rosemary, and dried parsley from my parent's garden.

Candied sweet potatoes.

Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic (again, grown by my parents).

Possibly mushrooms.

And possibly this amazing glaze recipe that would go equally well with chicken or pork. If not, then good ol' pork gravy.

Again, too much food for 2 people, but we'll enjoy the leftovers!

And we are thankful. :)

1 comment:

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

I love it when I find another Nova Scotian blog :) Especially when I'm feeling homesick now that I live in Kansas. Your pictures are lovely.