Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Evening BBQ with Feathery Visitors

Whilst out BBQing this evening, I thought I'd try to get a shot of the beautiful ruby-throated hummingbird that comes to our hummingbird feeder.

Would have been a great shot, if the sun had been out. Can't see it's colours at all here... :\


Here, you can just barely see him, but you get a great look at that beautiful bright shiny red throat of his. Beautiful! His gorgeous-coloured electric shiny green back feathers will have to be photographed another day...


Whilst I was waiting for the hummingbird to come back, and tending my bbq, this cute little sparrow came. I think he's a Song Sparrow, but I'd have to go look that up. His song was just crazy, chirping sing-songily all over the place, as he sang in the tree before he came over to our deck. First, he alighted and surveyed his surroundings.


Then, he noticed me.


"What the heck are you doing? I'm getting out of here!" And he took off! Darn cute though! :D One of my favorite bird photos!

No comments: